Pre-Listing Inspections are the future of Real Estate! Performing an inspection before a home is listed is one of the smartest investments a home seller can make and certainly a wise move in a hot market like Calgary.
Benefits for Home Sellers
Because the buyers have access to the inspection report prior to purchase, the sellers reduce their risk of litigation for failing to inform buyers of the condition of the property. There may be a higher value placed on the property as well, given that potential buyers have more confidence in the homes condition.
Benefits for Home Buyers
- Make an offer with the confidence and security of an inspection report.
- A detailed report will put things into perspective prior to an offer being made.
- Eliminates the need to put an inspection clause on the offer.
The information is available to potential buyers at the time they make an offer so they are able to make an informed decision regarding the property. Buyers can review the inspection report and make their offer with the peace of mind that they know what they are buying.
Benefits for Realtors
You've invested a lot of time and money getting that buyer in the door. Don't let them slip away, make sure problems are corrected before the home goes on the market
Steps to a Pre-listing Inspection
- One of our inspectors performs a home inspection. We take digital photos of the home and then assemble a full-colour report of the inspection, complete with cost estimates and time frames.
- A reasonable offer is presented to the home seller by an educated buyer based on the findings in the report.
- Buyer and seller proceed with little anxiety because a home inspection has already been performed and the results are known.
Resources for Home Owners
- Multiple Listing Service
- Family Handyman Magazine
- Smart Homeowner
- About.com Homestaging Tips
- ABC's of Real Estate
- Relocation Calgary Helpful List
- About.com Home Buying and Selling Tips
- Shell Busey's HouseSmart
- Smart Moves
Thank you again for coming out to help us with the property inspection. It was most helpful and appreciated.